Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Little Rock smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full control of your Little Rock home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Little Rock do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote operability via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can execute:
- View live or recorded video from any connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Little Rock by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Little Rock
Even though various users can be set up when you first get your system, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select email or phone and submit the info to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Little Rock security system. Contact (501) 510-8749 to learn more.